Books I’m Reading
May 15, 2009
- Culture Making, Crouch – a significant contribution to discussion on Christ and Culture, emphasizing not so much the transformation of existing culture, but the creation of new culture.
- Transforming Worldviews, Paul Hiebert – anything by Hiebert will rock your mind and change your missiology…for good.
- A Praying Life, Miller – one of the most realistic, encouraging, prayer inspiring books I have read in a long time.
- You Can Change, Chester – an accessible, transforming book on gospel centered change
- Relationships: A Mess Worth Making, Lane – great book on how the gospel shapes and renews all kinds of relationships from family to friends.
- How People Change, Lane – more nuanced, technical book on how the gospel can lead us into cross-centered change
- Justification, N.T. Wright – thoughtful reflections on Justification that aim at keeping the gospel central, clarifying previous statements on justification, and a much needed emphasis on the Spirit in Justification.
- Christ, our Righteousness, Seifrid – excellent contribution to the NPP debate, particularly his contribution to justification as resurrection, not imputed righteousness
- Romans, Moo – superb commentary on Romans