(5) Days of Summer with Robie
Thanks to my in-laws, I’ve had a great five days with my wife. Robie’s mom took our kids to Dallas on Tuesday; they return on Sunday. So, the evenings have been filled with fun-loving times with Robie. She really is a delightful person and a remarkable wife. It’s like the (500) Days of Summer has been playing in the background. Here’s some of the soundtrack from our week:
- (500) Days of Summer at Alamo Draft House. The Draft House is always fun, it makes the movies a more casual and communal affair. Now, add 500 Days to the Draft House and you get uber-fun. The film is creative, insightful, heart-tugging, and all around fun (I’ll do a review soon). Honestly, the movie is a lot like my dating relationship with Robie in college, except I was the only one that liked the Smiths! Then, add the enjoyable company of newly weds Ryan and Theresa King. Good conversation over good coffee on the deck at Flipnotics. A great night!
- Luster Pearl we had drinks and conversation at this new Austin bar, previously a house. The dirt yard is littered with tables, candles, and chairs that would normally be inside. Ping pong tables and hula hoops are outside. Laid back, broken-in. Cool. Just cool. Then some good chatting at the Melvin’s.
- Dinner and rich conversation with John and Sherri Chandler (fellow church planters). They are delightful company, unpretentious, Jesus loving, and fun. We discusssed everything from theology of suffering (sparked by Piper’s comments on the tornado) to medical insurance.
- Breakfast at Eastside Cafe. We drank coffee and talked about the Gospel of John, prayer, soccer, Fight Clubs, crafts, and ate migas and Pecan Strudel French Toast with strawberries.
A great 5 days of summer with you, hon. I love you, sweetheart.