Responding to Haiti
As the statistics roll in, pictures cross our screens, and shivers go down our spines regarding the plight of the Haitians, we need somewhere to go with this immense suffering. I want to suggest three places:
1. Go to God in prayer for the Haitians to encounter true, whole gospel relief and attention–spiritually, emotionally, psychologically, socially, and physically. Pray, “Lord have Mercy on the Haitians!”
2. Before putting God in the dock, remember that although we all deserve death, God has graciously given some of us life. How are you using your life? Will you use it to bring blessing and hope to hurting Haitians? How will you live in response to Haiti? We will all suffer and die, perhaps not en masse or in great tragedy, but we will suffer and die. How will you suffer? How will you die?
3. Respond intelligently and deliberately to the plight of the poor.
- BUY needed items for Red Cross Relief and/or donate to Red Cross and the ADRN here.
- GET a HELP HAITI T-shirt. All proceeds go to HAITI.
- JOIN Austinites from across the city on Monday night Music for the City Hope for Haiti benefit concert at The Parish. (More details coming soon!)
This is a great opportunity for you make good culture, redeem social ill, and share a whole gospel. Don’t waste it.