Who I Am
I am happy husband to Robie and proud father of Owen and Ellie. I also serve as the pastor of Austin City Life in Austin, Texas and a member of the Acts 29 network. I hold a B.A. in Anthropology, M.Div and Th.M degrees in Theology from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. I have authored Fight Clubs: Gospel-centered Discipleship as well as a number of articles in various journals and webzines such as The Journal of Biblical Counseling, The Resurgence, and Boundless. I enjoy listening to Midlake and M. Ward, blogging, reading, and smoking my pipe.
Other various facts:
- Born on 9/11/74 (i know).
- Father of two, husband of one.
- Lived in Nacogdoches, Dallas (Denton), Minneapolis, Boston (Hamilton), & Austin
- Church planter, author, pastor
- Student of theology and culture
- B. A. Anthropology at Univ of N. Texas
- M. Div in Theology/Missiology & Th.M in Biblical Theology from Gordon-Conwell Seminary
- I enjoy good coffee, PG tips tea, fishnchips, Captn Dusty’s ice-cream
- I play tennis, watch sci-fi, and love travel
- I have been to Merida, Turkey, Costa Rica, Burma, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, to name a few
- My wife is my greatest friend and wisest counselor
- My most significant theological influences have been Abraham Kuyper, Colin Gunton, & John Piper
- I have two brothers, who both have really cool wives. Miranda Dodson is a musician.
- I am now a house owner and trying to keep the dog at bay…